- All students can achieve and gain the skills needed to be contributing members of society
- All students will be exposed to and participate in a comprehensive school counseling program based on their diverse needs
- All students deserve equitable access to resources to promote achievement
- The program will focus on the development of all students academic, career, and personal/social domains
- The program develops student competencies in K through grade 5 based on American School Counseling Association (ASCA), Virginia, and Arlington Public Schools’ standards.
In order to support our beliefs, our program will:
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by ASCA
- Develop, coordinate, and implement the program in association with other educators, administrators, parents/guardians, and community representatives
- Support teachers, administrators, and parents/guardians so they can be more effective helping students gain the competencies of the counseling program
- Participate in professional development activities including regular supervision, in-service training on multicultural counseling, technology, and program development
- Continuously monitor counseling program and school goals
Long Branch School Counseling Vision Statement
The students at Long Branch Elementary are high achieving learners who are gaining the skills needed to be contributing members of society. With the support of a comprehensive school counseling program that advocates for each student and collaborates with important stakeholders, students are participating in a meaningful learning environment that promotes their academic, career, and personal/social development. As well-rounded individuals, Long Branch students have the tools needed to become successful lifelong learners and productive citizens in our community.
Long Branch School Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the Long Branch school counseling program is to offer an engaging and relevant comprehensive school counseling program. The counseling program, along with the support of the Long Branch community, addresses students academic, career, and personal/social concerns to maximize the potential of all students regardless of individual differences to become responsible and successful contributors to a changing society.