For all your technology support requests, please use one of the following options:
- Make a request by calling ext. 2847
- Email your request to email@example.com
- Submit your request via the web at https://2847apsva.zendesk.com
- Click on the blue 2847 button
Make an online reservation
This video will show you how to access the Google Calendar to reserve the computer lab, laptops, iPads, and SMART Response System.
- Preview your document before you print: Take a final look at your document before you click the print button.
- Only print the page you need: You may choose to print a particular page or certain pages by easily selecting the page number or range of the pages you wish to print.
- Print to PDF: Instead of printing documents to paper, you can print them to a PDF file that can easily be emailed around or saved in a common location for others to view.
- The printer is not a copy machine: Avoid printing multiple copies of the same document…use the copier.
- Lastly, please claim your documents.
To install a printer
- From the Start menu, select All Programs
- Click on Utilities
- Select APS Printer Installer
- In the APS Printer Installer window, click on Long Branch
- Select the printer from the list you wish to install
- Click Install
- Please wait until the printer driver is installed. You’ll know the installation is complete when the printer installer window disappears.
- Remember to note the printer you are printing to.
To set printer default:
To select a default printer, go to the Start menu, select Devices and Printers. Right-click on the printer icon you want and selectSet as default.
Are you experiencing printing problems?
Your printer icon may be grayed out. To fix, please do the following:
- From the Start menu, select All programs
- Select Utilities
- Select Fix Grey Printers
- Restart your computer
Are you having trouble playing YouTube videos?
Follow these steps to change your pop-up blocker settings for your preferred web browser.
To access the pop-up blocker settings:
- On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences…
- Select the Content panel.
For Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Pop-up Blocker.
- Do one of the following:
- To turn off Pop-up Blocker, click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
- To turn on Pop-up Blocker, click Turn On Pop-up Blocker.
For Google Chrome
- Click on Chrome –> Preferences –> This will bring up a new window with a few options on it.
- Click Under the Hood –> From this window you should see a tab for Pop-ups
- From the pop-ups tab, you can choose to allow all pop-ups, do not allow any pop-ups, or click on the Exceptions button to allow certain sites to allow pop-ups.