|Andrea Krisko, EL Teacher
|Maria Morales Nebreda, EL Teacher
|Jill Williams, EL Teacher
|Terisha Fahie, EL Teacher
|Jessica Gray, EL Teacher
|Evin Rodriguez, Parent Liaison
Program Mission: To honor and build upon the diverse cultural and language backgrounds of English language learners and to ensure that they achieve their fullest linguistic, academic, cognitive and social potential.
About EL Program
The EL program at Long Branch is for students who are learning English. We use the grade level curriculum to develop reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. Students practice using the academic vocabulary needed to understand the curriculum.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I help my EL student?
- Read with your child in English and/or in your home language.
- Talk with your child. Speak in whatever language you feel most comfortable. The more language your child hears and speaks (in any language) the easier it will be to learn English.
How can I help my child with their schoolwork?
- Check your child’s reading log and/or assignment notebook.
- Have them show you what they are working on. Ask questions about what they are doing in school.
- Check your child’s Thursday folder.
Remember, the staff at Long Branch is here to help your child succeed. Contact your teachers whenever you have a concern.
For more information about the Office of English Learners program in Arlington Public Schools, please explore the Office of English Learners website.
Read this website in another language. – Lea este pagina web en otro idioma.