Annia Torres Gonzalez, Teacher
Teresha Fahie, Teacher
What is FLES?
FLES stands for Foreign Language in the Elementary School. The program offers all students the opportunity to enlarge, develop and maintain Spanish language skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- The purpose of the FLES Spanish Program is:
- To prepare students to begin developing functional skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish.
- To provide a nurturing environment where students feel comfortable learning a second language.
- To develop proficiency in oral and written communication in Spanish through the integration of language skills and concepts taught in the content areas.
- To encourage all students to develop an openness, understanding and appreciation for other cultures.
Please visit the World Language website to view the FLES program goals, instructional materials and guidelines.