Ms. Clark’s Back to School Night Presentation:
The Office of Gifted Services ensures compliance with Virginia Regulations Governing Educational Services for Gifted Students based on the following concepts:
- Giftedness is developmental; it is potential which must be nourished;
- Giftedness is a collection of behaviors which are interactive and dynamic;
- Gifted students share characteristics with all other children; and
- There is variability among the gifted.
The APS model for delivering ongoing differentiated instruction for gifted learners is a collaborative cluster model.
- Gifted learners are clustered in classrooms with other students who are identified as gifted.
- The RTG serves as an instructional coach who provides ongoing coaching and varied levels of support to each cluster teacher.
- Cluster teachers work collaboratively with the Resource Teacher for the Gifted (RTG) to provide differentiated instruction to gifted learners based on ongoing assessments.
- RTGs also coach and support all classroom teachers as they infuse critical and creative thinking strategies into lessons.
- Curricular resources written for gifted learners offer a variety of ways to extend standards for gifted learners and for any student who is ready for any additional depth and complexity.
From the site linked above you can find information about referral, identification and services available.
Please contact Ms. Clark regarding specific questions about your child or services at Long Branch.