Welcome to the Long Branch Chorus page!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
(From L to R: Dr. Heim; 2015 Winter Concert Combined Chorus (3rd-5th Grades); Mrs. Agnew)
SOME FAST FACTS ABOUT CHORUS AT LONG BRANCH
- 3rd, 4th and 5th grade ensembles–one of the year-long enrichment choices @ beginning of year
- Voluntary participation, not required
- All rehearsals are on Wednesdays during the school day
- Two concerts for all choruses (December 4, 2019 and June 10, 2020)
- Spring musical – 4th and 5th grade choruses; 3rd grade chorus TBA (April 29, 2020)
- Members of chorus may also be in band and orchestra—not an either/or choice
- Additional opportunity – Countywide Honors Chorus (just 5th grade–Concert in March 2020; auditions in October 2019)
TWO CONCERTS (December & June)
- Performances at 9:30am (school assemblies) and 7:00pm (for family and friends)
- For evening performances, arrive at 6:45pm
- Dress code: dark pants/skirt, white shirt, black socks, black shoes
3rd GRADE PRESENTATION–TBD
SPRING MUSICAL—Performances at 9:30am and 7:00pm
- 4th and 5th Grade Choruses combined
- A big, FUN performance for chorus members
- Fully staged, with costumes, sets, lights, microphones, and choreography.
- Opportunities for solo speaking and singing roles (by audition), and small group featured parts
- Past shows include Mary Poppins Jr., Annie Jr., The Sound of Music, The Jungle Book, I’m Gonna Let It Shine, We Haz Jazz, Compose Yourself, and many more.
- This year’s show–TBD
Mary Poppins, Jr. (April 2019)
COUNTYWIDE HONORS CHORUS (Performance: Tuesday March 17, 2020–7:00 PM, Kenmore Middle School)
- 5th Grade students only (must audition to be selected)
- Auditions will be after school at Kenmore MS (200 S. Carlin Springs Rd.) on Monday, October 28 (4:00-7:30 PM), Tuesday, October 29 (4:30-7:30 PM), and Wednesday, October 30 (4:00-7:30 PM)
- Rehearsals are Tuesday nights from 6:45–8:00 PM, Tuesdays, Jan. – Mar 2020. Additional rehearsals will be on Mondays in March.
- INTERESTED? CLICK HERE to find out more and register online.
Questions about this page? Email me