Resources for Teachers:
- TED Talk – Liz Kleinrock – How to teach kids to talk about taboo topics
- Teaching Tolerance – What White Colleagues Need to Understand
- Teachers College: Addressing Racism
- As Protests Erupt After George Floyd’s Death, Teachers Grieve With Students From a Distance
- National Association of Independent Schools – What White Children Need to Know About Race
- American Psychological Association – Uncovering the Trauma of Racism
- Dena Simmons: Without Context, Social-Emotional Learning Can Backfire
Resource link provided by Bridget Loft, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning on Sept. 3, 2020
Leading Equity Podcast The Leading Equity Podcast focuses on supporting educators with the tools and resources necessary to ensure equity at their school. On this podcast, listeners can expect to hear interviews and stories from voices of equity in education today. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and Spotify!
Disclaimer: This page contains links to websites that are outside of the Arlington Public School network. APS does not control the content or relevancy of these links.