Winter is here and that means there is always a possibility of school delays and closures. If a decision is made overnight to open late or to close for the whole day, families will be notified by of the decision by School Talk and a text message, typically by about 5 a.m.As a reminder: In general, APS will only post/send messages if there is a change in normal operating status. For situations where everything is open/operating on a normal schedule, we will not send or post notifications.You can also get the latest information through the many other communication channels that APS uses:
- Visit the website at www.apsva.us. (Operations related changes will be posted on the website first)
- Check your email for an update from APS School Talk.
- Text message
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Tune in for news updates on major English or Spanish television & radio stations.
- For those who live in Arlington, watch for an announcement on AETV on Verizon Channel 41 or Comcast Channel 70.
- Call the APS Hotline at 703-228-4277 to hear a recorded message.
- Download the free APS app to receive a notification on your mobile device.
For more information on snow-related closings, delays, and emergency updates, visit https://www.apsva.us/emergency-alerts/.
Do you want to receive a text alert on your phone?
As long as your cell number is already in the school’s database, just text the word YES or Y to 67587. This will verify that you can receive text messages to that phone. If you think the school does not have your cell number, please call the school to verify.