Mission: The mission of the Long Branch Elementary School Library is to:
- engage and inspire students;
- promote a love of reading;
- teach information literacy skills; and
- foster lifelong learning.
Our goal is to serve as the school’s learning community where students and teachers come together to access and create new knowledge.
Library Hours: We are open Monday through Friday from 8:05 am to 3:15 pm. Students may visit the library to check out books and do independent research during this time.
The Collection: The library has more than 16,000 resources for use by the students, teachers, and parents. The collection is mainly comprised of print resources–picture books, easy readers, fiction, non-fiction, biography, and reference. In addition, we have audiobooks, as well as periodicals for students and teachers.
Circulation: Our mission is to encourage and promote our students’ love of reading by ensuring that they have access to books at school and at home.
Long Branch Library Policies
How many books may I check out? All students may check out books during their class visit each week.
- Students in Pre-K and VPI may check out one book per week.
- Students in Kindergarten may check out two books for 2 weeks.
- 1st Grade may check out two books for 2 weeks.
- 2nd Grade may check out three books for 2 weeks.
- 3rd Grade may check out four books for 2 weeks.
- 4th grade may check out five books for 2 weeks.
- 5th grade may check out six books for 2 weeks.
Students that consistently return their items on time have the opportunity to check out more items. No more than ten at a time.
Students are not charged for overdue books. However, a fee is charged for lost books equal to the price of the book. Please treat our resources gently.